Re: Salish 100

Thanks for copying that here, Bob. I like the changes in the route at the end. A big BBQ in Port Ludlow will be a good finale. I expect some voyagers will skip Ft, Flagler and head straight to Port Townsend, but there will still be an opportunity for socializing.

Marty has promised to post all the "official" S100 updates to the Pocket Yachters group. You don't need to sign up there to read them, but they're almost family to the Coots (and some of them are Coots).

https://groups.io/g/ptpocketyachters

On 11/3/2019 4:50 PM, PT Bob M wrote:
Another bit from Facebook -
The second annual Salish 100, July 10-17, 2020, will be a small-boat cruise running the length of Puget Sound--100 nautical miles from Olympia to Port Townsend, Washington, and including more than 100 watercraft ranging from SUPs to kayaks, rowing boats to pocket-cruising sailboats, and about 15 larger support boats, otherwise known as Motherships.
Organized by the Port Townsend Pocket Yachters group, the SALISH 100 will be commercially sponsored by Duckworks Boat Builder's Supply of Port Townsend. Co-sponsors will include the Northwest Maritime Center, the Puget Sound chapter of the Traditional Small Craft Association (TSCA), Kingston Mercantile & Marine, The Artful Sailor, Small Craft Advisor magazine, and the Gig Harbor BoatShop.
Planned overnight stops along the route will include Henderson Inlet, Penrose Point Marine State Park, Gig Harbor, Blake Island Marine State Park, the Port of Kingston, Port Ludlow Marina and Fort Flagler State Park (Kilisut Harbor), before reaching our final destination in Port Townsend.
Boaters are coming from all over the country to participate in the event...the largest organized small-boat cruise in North America.
Registration is $65 (see adjoining postings for details), and still open.
--
John (@Jkohnen)
There is no fun in doing nothing when you have nothing to do. (Jerome K. Jerome)