Re: Coots' Annual Yaquina River Halloween Float, October 26th

John Purdy

Case, Thanks for your reply.  I'm very interested in making a Greenland paddle.  I have some printed instructions I found on the web from Chuck Holst.  Looks like a simple but rewarding project. It's definitely on my to-do list. Looked at your suggestion of a Chuckanut.  I think it would be a much better all around craft than the little white water kayak I'm playing with now.  But I have the kayak right now so I'm playing with it. I'm very much into the aspect of small, easy to transport, easy to store.  Call me a procrastinator, I have a Pygmy Coho kayak kit I purchased 10+ years ago that is still in its shipping box.  Thought it would be fun to have for summer fun but get entirely engrossed in sailing activities and other life experiences during summer so haven't got around to actually putting it together, also hindered by not having a heated place to work on it during the off season.   Dinking around with this white water kayak is making me think more about getting motivated to get the Pygmy kit out and work on it.

John Purdy