Re: Coots' Annual Yaquina River Halloween Float, October 26th

jim reim

I can get to the Elk City ramp early, get my boat in the water, and take my Highlander to the Cannon Quarry ramp to transport folks back after the float.  I would need a ride back to Elk City.  Could be in Lazy Jack if you'll have me.  When do you expect to come through?   I could also hitchhike with another Coot going by Cannon Quarry.

Jim R

On Thursday, October 24, 2019, 11:13:36 PM PDT, John Kohnen <jkohnen@...> wrote:

Some vehicles will be parked at the Cannon Quarry ramp to take people
back to Elk City to get their rigs. Though it can seem chaotic, we
always manage to get everybody hauled out and ready for pizza. <g>

That stubby little kayak will be just fine on that stretch of the
Yaquina, John. As you've no doubt discovered, it's no speed demon, but
nobody will be in a hurry, and the tide will be pushing us along. I hope
you join us.

Right now my plan is to take Lazy Jack, launching Saturday at Cannon
Quarry and motoring up to Elk City to meet the other voyagers. Earl is
gonna ride with me, so his Big Ford Flex will already be at Cannon
Quarry when the fleet arrives. I may, or may not, stay the night in
Toledo, which'd involve some more shuttling... But it could wait until
after pizza. <g>

--
John (jkohnen@...)
If the misery of the poor be caused not by the laws of nature, but by