Re: Coots' Annual Yaquina River Halloween Float, October 26th

Some vehicles will be parked at the Cannon Quarry ramp to take people back to Elk City to get their rigs. Though it can seem chaotic, we always manage to get everybody hauled out and ready for pizza. <g>

That stubby little kayak will be just fine on that stretch of the Yaquina, John. As you've no doubt discovered, it's no speed demon, but nobody will be in a hurry, and the tide will be pushing us along. I hope you join us.

Right now my plan is to take Lazy Jack, launching Saturday at Cannon Quarry and motoring up to Elk City to meet the other voyagers. Earl is gonna ride with me, so his Big Ford Flex will already be at Cannon Quarry when the fleet arrives. I may, or may not, stay the night in Toledo, which'd involve some more shuttling... But it could wait until after pizza. <g>

On 10/24/2019 10:51 PM, John P wrote:
My first post to this group, though I've been following this group for years.  I sail a West Wight Potter 15 and have been given a whitewater kayak that I've outfitted for flat water by constructing a small wooden keel to help it track straight as I paddle.  Without the keel the rocker and short waterline of the boat makes it happy to go sideways as it moves straight ahead.  From pictures I've seen on the coots.org  website I think this would be the perfect vessel for the Halloween float on Saturday, plus I'd like to see the area, and attend a coots gathering. I'd like go come join but don't know how the shuttle back works and would need to be shuttled back to my car (tan escort) at the put in spot.  How does the shuttle work and can I be shuttled?
Here's <https://drive.google.com/file/d/1W1qNW7UGJL8eVothyoQUBHEb-kPY7NAs/view?usp=sharing> a link to a picture of the kayak (without the keel addition.)
--
John (@Jkohnen)
If the misery of the poor be caused not by the laws of nature, but by our institutions, great is our sin. (Charles Darwin)