Re: Coots' Annual Yaquina River Halloween Float, October 26th

John Purdy

My first post to this group, though I've been following this group for years.  I sail a West Wight Potter 15 and have been given a whitewater kayak that I've outfitted for flat water by constructing a small wooden keel to help it track straight as I paddle.  Without the keel the rocker and short waterline of the boat makes it happy to go sideways as it moves straight ahead.  From pictures I've seen on the coots.org  website I think this would be the perfect vessel for the Halloween float on Saturday, plus I'd like to see the area, and attend a coots gathering.  I'd like go come join but don't know how the shuttle back works and would need to be shuttled back to my car (tan escort) at the put in spot.  How does the shuttle work and can I be shuttled?

Here's a link to a picture of the kayak (without the keel addition.)

Thanks,
John Purdy
Tigard, OR