Help With Sailboat Voyage Down the Columbia (was: Very Cheap or Free Weekender)

I've got a scary Oregon Coast sea story that involves someone being told that the best way to find a skipper to take a boat from Nehalem Bay to BC was to hang out in the taverns down by the docks. ;o)

On 10/19/2019 9:14 AM, Mark N wrote:

At 08:56 AM 10/19/2019 -0700, Claire wrote:

a shakedown cruise on the coast of Washington in late October/November
with a new boat would not be my idea of a good timeƂ
I'm gonna bet the Hayden Island he refers to is the one in Portland, so
it's really just a float down the Columbia River and not offshore. Unless,
of course, he picks the wrong crew to help him and they overshoot Illwaco.
:-)
Mike, you might post a note at a gate at one of the marinas on Hayden
Island, or drop by RiversWest Small Craft Center at Pier 99 on one of their
open shop Saturdays, and see if anyone is interested in a boat ride. Maybe
get a free helper or maybe not too expensive.
--
John (@Jkohnen)
A good many things go around in the dark besides Santa Claus. (Herbert Hoover)