Re: Very Cheap or Free Weekender

Richard Green

Or have I entered into the ignorance of the uninformed on the entire question?  I’ve been found not paying attention before, you know…..

Rich

On Oct 19, 2019, at 9:48 AM, Richard Green <chaos5@...> wrote:

Isn’t there a Harstine sounding island down in the toe’ish of Puget Sound?

Rich

On Oct 19, 2019, at 9:25 AM, Claire Acord <whidbeyboatpainter@...> wrote:

Thanks Mark,
I don't know why I thought the OP said Harstine Island...guess I will make a new pot of coffee here...
Sounds much more do-able in any case.
cheers
Claire

Stay afloat with current events....visit Traditional Small Craft Association - Puget Sound's website:
http://www.tscapuget.org
Claire Acord

On Sat, Oct 19, 2019 at 9:13 AM Mark Neuhaus <turtle-coot@...> wrote:
Hi Claire,

At 08:56 AM 10/19/2019 -0700, you wrote:

> a shakedown cruise on the coast of Washington in late October/November
> with a new boat would not be my idea of a good timeÂ

I'm gonna bet the Hayden Island he refers to is the one in Portland, so
it's really just a float down the Columbia River and not offshore.  Unless,
of course, he picks the wrong crew to help him and they overshoot Illwaco.
:-)

Mike, you might post a note at a gate at one of the marinas on Hayden
Island, or drop by RiversWest Small Craft Center at Pier 99 on one of their
open shop Saturdays, and see if anyone is interested in a boat ride.  Maybe
get a free helper or maybe not too expensive.

Mark