Re: Very Cheap or Free Weekender

Pete Leenhouts

Actually, it’s my understanding that the Nerieds, all 50 of them, were Poseidon’s daughters!

Pete Leenhouts
An admirer of The Coots!

Sent from a mobile device;
Please pardon my brevity!

On Oct 18, 2019, at 2:44 PM, John Kohnen <jkohnen@...> wrote:

The Nereids were sea nymphs in Greek mythology. If you see a picture of Poseidon consorting with a bevy of nubile young ladies, those are Nereids. There's also a family of sea worms called Nereids. So "Nereid" is a pretty common name for a boat.

Captain Nat Herreshoff designed, and Herreshoff Manufacturing built, a steam yacht named Nereid in the 1880s.

On 10/18/2019 8:46 AM, Rich G wrote:
Nereid was also a name for large boat designed by……….famous designer whom we all admire from the last century.

--
John (jkohnen@...)
Like all weak men he laid an exaggerated stress on not changing one's mind. (W. Somerset Maugham)