Re: Very Cheap or Free Weekender

Doh! The Mauritius Command. A bit of poking around the Interweb is bringing it all back... But Corbett's command was the "Nereide", a captured French ship, or a British built ship named after a captured French ship, as was their wont back then. The Weekender is named after a British/American sea nymph, not a French one. ;o)

We use Nereids for bait, the Vietnamese think they're a delicacy:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nereididae

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xw1EodzDEjo

On 10/18/2019 8:04 AM, Claire wrote:
John!  I am shocked and amazed...hint...
Jack Aubrey’s first squadron command!  Sigh, how soon we forget.  ; p
A glass of wine with you sir!
--
John (@Jkohnen)
Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it's too dark to read. (Groucho Marx)