Re: Very Cheap or Free Weekender

Claire Acord

John!  I am shocked and amazed...hint...
Jack Aubrey’s first squadron command!  Sigh, how soon we forget.  ; p
A glass of wine with you sir!
Best
Claire

On Thu, Oct 17, 2019 at 10:02 PM John Kohnen <jkohnen@...> wrote:
That's a (presumably) literary reference that went right by me. Have I
managed to miss out on a good story? <g> All that comes to mind is the
song "Corbitt's Barkentine" about an apparently happy voyage to Demerara
in a Bluenose ship.

"The rising sun next morning shone on six seamen bold,
And one big dog named Rover made seven hands all told.
He was chum of the second mate, for when his watch was done,
Instead of going forward he would lie aft in the sun

"Now, I think they were connected, if rightly I may guess,
For neither one spoke English but they both said 'ja' for 'yes.' "

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pf-9uJLAHSU

The Weekender Nereid did indeed have bad luck on the Salish 100, but she
persisted, and delivered her crew intact in Port Townsend. If the name
worries you, all you need to do is supply Andrew with a funny hat and
some good brew and he can mumble some incantations to cleanse the boat
of its past sins and give it a new name. But that is a nice _single_
nameboard. <g> There were too many boats on the Salish 100 with their
name on only one side -- usually not the side I was taking a picture of.
<sigh>

The price is right for Nereid:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/jkohnen/albums/72157711328760558

https://www.flickr.com/search/?text=salish%20weekender

Scott Coleman: 541-954-7223

--
John (jkohnen@...)
A man thinks that by mouthing hard words he understands hard things.

--
Stay afloat with current events....visit Traditional Small Craft Association - Puget Sound's website:
http://www.tscapuget.org