Re: viking boat from tree to water.

John Weiss

The Roskilde Museum was the featured guest at the Australian Wooden Boat Festival in Hobart when I went there in 2005. I got to row their 10-meter boat (that's me in the TSCA hat and tan shorts near the bow).

On 10/13/2019 17:17, John Kohnen wrote:
That's a very interesting article, Jove. Thanks! it's wonderful what they do at the museum in Roskilde. I'd love to visit it.
Here's my favorite "tree to boat" video -- building a pirogue in Cajun country:
https://www.folkstreams.net/film-detail.php?id=188

On 10/8/2019 6:03 PM, Jove wrote:
Hi all,
this is a very good WIP article with lovely photos of a 25ft viking boat replica being built from an oak tree in Norway.
https://www.vikingeskibsmuseet.dk/en/professions/boatyard/building-projects/the-gokstad-boat/