Re: New Build Decison: SUP vs. 'Yak

Case Turner

See as I said the kayaks are more versatile than a SUP!

As I mentioned to David in a PM I prefer the 12’ Chuckanut over the 15’ for solo use. Yes you can stand up and paddle in the 12 too.

Case

Sent from not here

On Aug 28, 2019, at 4:39 PM, John Kohnen <@Jkohnen> wrote:

Wee Robs are really "wee". You gotta remember that "Nessmuk", the outdoor writer the original was built for, was a small, slight man. A Wee Rob is really only practical for children nowadays, not Coots of David's stature. Jamie brought one he built to the Depoe Bay show years ago, and it was entertaining to watch him gingerly get in and out of it and teeter carefully around the docks. <g>

Chuckanuts can be used as SUPs too (more Coot Chuckanut photos follow)

https://preview.tinyurl.com/yxgobwsm

or

https://www.flickr.com/photos/jkohnen/15077386886/in/photolist-oYkxQj-oHSQ1h-p171E2-oYkP4q-p1nn2P-decsjn-decsL5-decsp8-decsgX-cjizxq-cjiziJ-cjizq7

On 8/27/2019 10:49 PM, George C wrote:
David,
Never been on a SUP, so can't say much about it. But I have always had an affection for a open double kayak. When I was 15, I built one from ClarkCraft plans. I believe it was their 15'er. The skin was cotton canvas and I seal it with house paint. The Chuckanut 15 reminds me of it.
Another thought... did you see the Wee Rob canoe at Toledo? It was next to my booth. At 12', I think it would make a nice knock around boat. A little more involved in building though.
--
John (@Jkohnen)
I have no truck with lettuce, cabbage, and similar chlorophyll. Any dietician will tell you that a running foot of apple strudel contains four times the vitamins of a bushel of beans. (S. J. Perelman)