Re: Poer of Toledo Wooden Boat Show This Weekend! Aug. 16-18

Case Turner

Actually this year John is pulled pork.

Bring your own plate, bun if needed. I will also have my famous coleslaw.

Several others are bringing sides and the Coots favorites, desert.

I will also have my fire pit with me if the fire chief will allow it. I will not be packing firewood though. I’m sure there’s some somewhere near the mill.

Case

Sent from not here

On Aug 13, 2019, at 1:59 PM, John Kohnen <@Jkohnen> wrote:

The Toledo Wooden Boat Show is this weekend! This show is the Coots' favorite. They always treat us real good, and there are always lots of interesting boats, nice people, and fun activities. Although the show officially runs Saturday and Sunday, most of us show up Friday, and some of us stay over until Monday:

http://www.coots.org/mb/Toledo/

Dirtsailor (Case) will be hosting a potluck dinner Saturday. featuring his carnitas burritos. If you'd like to partake please let him know soon: casesturner@... casesturner at gmail.com .

Bud says we can show up early and stay late with free moorage, as long as we tie up at the transient (new) dock. Actually, we can tie up there for free any time -- the current fee for moorage at the transient dock is now $0 a night, with a "suggested donation"!

The Monday river trip this year will be down to Newport. We'll have to leave at the crack of dawn (7:30 or so) to ride the ebb downriver. I've been assured that we'll have a place to tie up for a while in downtown Newport (not South Beach) to take a nap and then have lunch. We'll have a flood tide to push us back up the river to the airport launch ramp, or Toledo, all afternoon (high tide at Toledo is about an hour later than at Newport).

Newport
Monday 2019-08-19
Sunrise 6:23 AM PDT, Sunset 8:15 PM PDT
Moonset 10:18 AM PDT, Moonrise 10:29 PM PDT
High Tide: 2:59 AM PDT 7.1
Low Tide: 9:23 AM PDT 0.9
High Tide: 3:52 PM PDT 7.1
Low Tide: 9:49 PM PDT 2.2

--
John (@Jkohnen)
In politics, absurdity is not a handicap. (Napoleon Bonaparte)

<2019 WBS Poster_F.jpg>
<2019 Festival schedule - As of 051319.pdf>
<2019 Music schedule wlinks - As of 051319.pdf>
--
Dirt