Re: Dirt's Cargo Trailer Camper conversion

Case Turner

Myles,

Yes you can go with a catalytic heater and not need power. I was referencing Dickinson's propane heater which requires the use of 12v for the fan.  I have the Big Buddy heater and have used it in the trailer. I just prefer wood heat and the ambiance of the wood stove.

On Fri, Dec 28, 2018 at 7:42 AM Myles Twete <matwete@...> wrote:

Thanks Case…looks like a cute way to go with wood J.

Reading this, my mind was following your words going towards propane, then that idea got skewered with “unfortunately propane requires 12v” and you lost me.

There are propane heaters out there that don’t require any electric power source.  First and foremost for RV’s and marine are the Olympian catalytic propane heaters.  I bought a used one on Ebay years ago for my boat.  They’re very compact, can be easily stowed, hung on the wall where you want them, and very efficient.

Here’s a link to their larger, newer model that puts out 6000 BTU.

https://www.amazon.com/Camco-57341-Olympian-Wave-6-Catalytic/dp/B000BV01CK/ref=asc_df_B000BV01CK/?tag=bingshoppinga-20&linkCode=df0&hvadid={creative}&hvpos={adposition}&hvnetw=o&hvrand={random}&hvpone=&hvptwo=&hvqmt=e&hvdev=c&hvdvcmdl={devicemodel}&hvlocint=&hvlocphy=&hvtargid=pla-4584345016062023&psc=1

In case this helps-

-Myles