Re: Need more help - completely different subject

Case Turner

Of note I have found that my current ride, CRF-250L has plenty of power on the highway. I can zip right up hills no problem, even loaded to the hilt with camp gear. What I have found is that I can't ride on this bike at highway speeds for long period s of time. The bike dry is only 317 pounds and when bucking wind or catching cross wind from truck etc it really wears on ya. My Harley was 489 pounds dry and I could ride that for hours at 65-70. On the CRF at 55-60 I'm good for only about 100 miles before I need to stop for a while. Then I'm only good for 200 miles a day anymore. If I drop the bike down to 45-50 I can go 150 miles before stopping and total of 250.

Case

On Tue, Dec 25, 2018 at 8:08 PM Vince K. <vnkurpan@...> wrote:
It's not that a 250 won't go the distance but when I had my 200 I found myself on some hills being tailgated 6' off my back wheel.
Not a comfortable (or safe) situation at all.  (Back roads tend to have steeper hills.)
The 350 (after getting an illegal tune-up) eliminated that situation and I didn't have to shift nearly so much.
I felt much safer.

On flat ground it wasn't a problem.  Plenty of power there.

Vince

--
Dirt