Re: Doing More Messing About in Toledo

Case Turner

Claire,

For me the biggest issue is that it is messy and depending on the size of boat can be quite expensive. And for most S&G boats you will also have to fiberglass the all of the seams and or the outer hull. Something one may do even when not building a stitch ans glue boat.

Using structural members like wood frames and chines allows one to use other types of adhesives and mechanical fasteners like nails and screws that are easier to work with and aren't as messy.

On Thu, Oct 18, 2018 at 1:23 PM Case Turner <casesturner@...> wrote:
Forgot that I have plans for Lil Nip. I wanted to build it but modify it with chines so there would be less filleting. It may be a contender and it fits the parameters I'm looking for.

On Thu, Oct 18, 2018 at 11:48 AM Case Turner <casesturner@...> wrote:
I'd really like to avoid a stitch and glue boat and will probably forgo a kit boat. Another boat that has interested me is Harry Bryan's Ladybug, the wheelbarrow boat.

On Thu, Oct 18, 2018 at 10:00 AM MylesJ Swift <mylesj@...> wrote:
John, for such fine work and dedication that should be the Andrew Lynn Memorial Boathouse. You have to be the best to get that level of honor while you are still walking and talking.

MylesJ

--
Dirt

--