Re: Doing More Messing About in Toledo

Case Turner

I have considered building another one of Dave's skin on frame boats. Unfortunately the ones that I am considering are all too big to fit in the trailer. The Piankatank River pram would fit, but I think its quite what I want.

I have plans for cabin boy and another Atkins pram ? floating around in my plan files somewhere. I may have to revisit those again. Itty Bitty could be a good option as it requires very little lofting and should be suitable for plywood construction.

I'm not opposed to using epoxy, however I'd like to avoid stitch and goo,

Dirt

On Thu, Oct 18, 2018 at 12:51 AM John Kohnen <jkohnen@...> wrote:
Plenty of skin on frame boats have been built in the Andrew Linn
Boatshop (sorry, Andrew, I like the sound of it <g>). They're quick and
pleasant to build:

http://gentrycustomboats.com/PRP.html

If you don't mind stitch 'n' goo, and the width will work, Bolger's
Rubens Nymph is a capacious 8' boat that'd comfortably carry a couple of
people. A Big step up from the original nymph:

https://www.mcssl.com/store/hhpaysoncompany/rubens-nymph---7-9-x-4-6

Bunches of good little boats from the Atkins:

http://www.atkinboatplans.com/Dinks/

We'll have to check with Bud about camping in the parking lot.

On 10/17/2018 7:49 PM, Dirt wrote:
> I would like a small boat that would fit in my cargo trailer camper. My Camp neighbor Bob  Larkin really got me thinking when he pulled his boat out of his minivan...
>
> The elegant punt fits that bill but I’m not sure it’s really what I’d like. Something similar.
>
> Easy to build, so say if we did a build  it could be at least 3d in two days.
>
> If we could parking lot camp or those that want to in the water that would be great.

John (jkohnen@...)
I would permit no man, no matter what his color might be, to narrow and
degrade my soul by making me hate him. (Booker T. Washington)

--
Dirt