Re: Doing More Messing About in Toledo

Case Turner

Thanks for the offer Cal, but need a build fix! 

Sent from not here

On Oct 17, 2018, at 8:31 PM, Electri-Cal <calboats@...> wrote:

Why not try to fit in my folding Pirogue ??  Right now it’s at John Kohnens place.  I loaned it to him to see if a similar rig would work on his trailer.  You’re a bit lighter so that’s good , plus it folds to fit in a 6’ 6” long by 40 in. wide in my EX Tundra. 

You might want to try that one on, as the truck is gone,  and the pirogue has the built in electric cruise motor to get home on.  It’s available for trial, for sale too most likely, but free trial since I don’t need it back in any particular hurry now.

Have a great day, ----Cal

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Sent: Wednesday, October 17, 2018 7:49 PM
To: oregoncoots@groups.io
Subject: Re: [oregoncoots] Doing More Messing About in Toledo

I would like a small boat that would fit in my cargo trailer camper. My Camp neighbor Bob  Larkin really got me thinking when he pulled his boat out of his minivan...

The elegant punt fits that bill but I’m not sure it’s really what I’d like. Something similar.

Easy to build, so say if we did a build  it could be at least 3d in two days.

If we could parking lot camp or those that want to in the water that would be great.

I’m looking at doing something first of year or early spring so I’m ready to go for summer.

Anyone want to do this as a Messabout?

Other thoughts on boat plans?

Dirt.

Sent from not here

> On Oct 17, 2018, at 6:59 PM, Andrew Linn <alinn@...> wrote:

>

> Y'all can just call it "the old boathouse" or the "original boathouse" :)

>

>

>> On 10/17/2018 3:25 PM, John Kohnen wrote:

>> Toledo Joe gave us a very strong hint that the Coots should make more use of the Toledo Community Boathouses. Suffice it to say we can now use the Boathouses without supervision, though we should coordinate with Joe's old retired geezers so we don't get in the way of their activities.

>>

>> The Boathouses now have heat and good lighting, so we can use them for indoor activities when the weather is cold. We'll be able to use the Boathouse boats. We can even do building projects in the well-equipped Andrew Linn Boatshop. :o)

>>

>> We've done some fun stuff at the old Boathouse (now the Andrew Linn Boatshop) when Andrew was the sparkplug and less gainfully employed  -- building coracles, learning splicing, getting motorboat permits, and other fun stuff. Anybody have any ideas for what we can do over there now?

>>

>> BTW, Bud would probably supply free mooring for Coot boats during Boathouse activities, but even if he didn't the rate is only $5 a night now! :o)

>>

>> And the pizza joint is open every day. <g>

>>

>

>

>

>

--
Dirt

Join oregoncoots@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.