Re: [MessaboutW] A sea change is in the offing

Gene Berry <meangenerok@...>

Hey John, i was just curious if you had done any 200's. i have been on 2 of them. hated the 1st one, loved the 2nd one. i was going to go on my 3rd next year and support Andy in his efforts to get a gaggle of Gooses on the 2016 TX200. when he announced his new boat purchase and intent to do R2AK instead i had to give him some flack. heck, Andy and i batted back and forth the idea of doing the R2AK together when they first announced it.

it's all in fun. : )

Gene Berry

On Saturday, October 3, 2015 11:03 PM, "'John Kohnen' jkohnen@... [MessaboutW]" wrote:

No, I haven't done a Texas 200. After hearing Andrew's stories about the
TX200 I think I'd rather die of hypothermia on the way to Alaska. ;o) I
don't do "hot" very well... But of course I was just kidding about
Andrew's choice to do the R2AK next year. Andrew must have been dropped on
his head when he was a baby -- he keeps doing the TX200 over and over
again! ;o)

I am serious about me and heat, though. You can always put on more clothes
when it's cold, but you can only take off so much when it's hot (and you
don't want to see me undressed! ), and in south Texas you'll look like
a cooked lobster in no time if you aren't covered up. When my dad was
first stationed at Corpus Cristi during WW II he took his shirt while
spending a day off on the barrier island. He ended up in the hospital for
a week!

I'd rather go north. There are ways to get into this stuff in a small boat
without too much scariness:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/jkohnen/collections/72157632643731055/

--
John (jkohnen@...)
Eels are said to kelter in the water when they wamble.

No flaming, cursing, politics, religion or public mopery. Please be polite. New members have their messages moderated until after their first message is posted. Information about the Coots and their events can be found at http://www.coots.org/

<*> Your email settings:
    Individual Email | Traditional

<*> To change settings online go to:
    (Yahoo! ID required)