Re: Toledo Show

Dan

Thank you, John, Case & Andy!

This is the short note I sent to the POT folks:

Good Morning:

I’m planning on attending the wooden boat show this month, and would appreciate information on some of the how, where, and when’s.  I understand there is a launch ramp upstream from your venue that most of the small craft exhibitors use.  And the COOTS forum members have offered descriptions of that.  However, I believe you folks provide the pier space for visiting boats. I expect to bring a small (14’) motor launch with a 9 foot sailing dinghy in tow.  Preferably, I’ll keep both boats in the water for the entire event—perhaps arriving on Thursday afternoon.

Additionally, my intention is to dry camp in my tow vehicle, at or near the exhibition site, if possible.  If that is not permitted or otherwise a poor option, do you have other recommendations?  And, finally, are there public showers anyplace nearby?

Thanks, very much.

Dan Rogers

462 Diamond Dr.

Newport, WA  99156

509-447-2197

DanAshore@...

And, now, one more lay-of-the-land question.  If I should come from the east, by way of the Cascade Lakes district adjacent to Bend and LaPine; am I going to wish I wasn’t towing a trailer with a homeless van on that highway over the mountains?  Years ago, while Route 66-ing with Lady Bug I hit some of those lakes via the main drag north from Klamath Falls, etc.  As I recall, (in the antediluvian days before GPS) I got quite lost around Wikiup Reservoir (following the launch ramp signs) and shredded a trailer tire on one of those rock road beds out there.  I’m guessing the wagon trail west is better than that.  And, also, since then Les Schwab and I have become travelling companions.

Peyton and I are looking forward to entering COOT-dom, and doing all the COOT-stuff in a couple weeks!

Thanks, again.

Dan