Re: [MessaboutW] Re: Toledo Show

Andrew Linn

Hi, Dan. You are going to find yourself among friends, no matter if you are a yacht-man, sailor, or builder. Your nephew is going to have a blast as well - as manager of the Toledo Community Boathouse, I'll make sure of that. :)

Less-than-elegant is more the norm than the exception - all we really like is people on the water. The Boat Show works best when folks talk to the people.

I recommend you contact the Port of Toledo to get all the details on camping, dock space, etc. You'll find them helpful, informative, and enthusiastic. The email address is
info@portoftoledo.org

It's best if the know who/what is coming so they can plan the dock space accordingly.

On 8/3/2014 9:14 AM, 'Dan' danashore@conceptcable.com [MessaboutW] wrote:

Dan Rogers here.

I�ve been violating the sacred compact with summer and working indoors for a couple days. The project has been to assemble what I�ll loosely call a �messabout rig.� It�s a long-nascent idea where I expect to haul both a small motor boat and a small sailboat on the same trailer. I�d like to try it out on your Toledo meet, but I have a couple etiquette questions. My own messabout background was shaped by years as a SCUZBUM. So, please pardon my ignorance.

Is the Toledo show just for displaying show-quality boats for an essentially land-arriving public audience? Or, do you accommodate water-borne arrivals/activity participants�such as myself�who might come by boat? Basically, is there dock space for less-than-elegant vessels from foreign lands (Almostcanada in this case)?

My plan has been to bring my 8-year old nephew, in the hopes that he can join in with the family activities I believe you guys put on at your boat shop. Assuming that the answer to my first question is �yes,� then we expect to camp out in my tow vehicle/homeless van. Should we figure to do that at the upriver launch ramp area? Or, am I completely mis-reading the smoke signals, and that idea won�t work?

Thanks,

Dan

/Shenanigan /and /Limerick///

Diamond Lake, WA

Join oregoncoots@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.