Re: [MessaboutW] Willamette Falls portage?

Dan Arbogast

Thanks Dan!  Your offer of portage help is very appreciated.

However, after more consideration, I have to report the scale of my floating adventure has been cut back a tad with a more realistic goal for the 5-day trip of Champoeg State Park or possibly Molalla State Park.  I really doubt there's anyway I'm going to make it all the way to the falls by the end of the week and still have fun doing it.  I'd rather keep a slower pace and have time for playing along the way rather than paddling like crazy just to do as many miles as possible.

Maybe someday in the future I will be able to admire your 15' SOF kayak in person...
Thanks again.
Dan

On Fri, Aug 17, 2012 at 11:57 AM, Dan <Toolman84@...> wrote:

Dan,

Think you're correct about taking out in West Linn and driving around the falls. Now if you don't mind hand hauling your kayak and gear down some steep stairs, you could re-enter the river about 100' below the locks by entering at the tie up dock below the falls (you'll still need a short car ride). If you can be at West Linn no later then noon on a weekday, I would be happy to help you get around the falls. Might even bring my 15' SOF kayak that Andrew & the Toledo boat house built and join you on the water for a short paddle up to the base of the falls. PM me off list for my phone number.

Jetman<<<
a.k.a. the other Dan