sailing rig options

Dan Arbogast

Hello all,

I signed up for the Small Craft Skills Academy next month in Port Townsend organized by Howard Rice.  (He's best known for sailing a kayak around Cape Horn, in both directions, but if you're interested in reading more about the academy, here's a link http://www.smallcraftacademy.com/)

All the participants are assigned a topic to present to the rest of the group and I've been assigned "small craft rigging options," a subject I know very little about but something I'm looking forward to exploring.  The presentation is to be short and I envision showing images/drawings of common rigging, with advantages/disadvantages of each type presented.

Can any of you old salty types point me to a good reference on this topic?

Thanks!
Dan
WWP-15, Belle
Corvallis