Re: [MessaboutW] Mug and Boats

thoms.bryn@...

That's Rich's Launch, I didn't know you (John) picked that thing up. My
lapstrake '60s Cruiser's Inc. runabout is from him. I'm surprised he isn't
on the list, well maybe he is, maybe we just don't hear from him. I was
eyeing the launch when I went to his house the first time to look over the
runabout. Did you ever the get the engine going? I was so hot on launches
and one-lungers awhile ago, that I almost bought that from him, I realized
that a free boat is bit easier to bring home that one you have to pay for.
However, your boat from Rich floats, mine is missing the garboards and
several other integral parts.

John - if you have a photo of me from the Depoe Bay fest, You're welcome too
put it in the messabout file for the mugs.

I was at Dorena this Sunday, put in on the north side and rowed the
driftboat out aways and had a great time swimming, it was very nice, not too
many PWCs or drunken water skiers, just enough to make some bouncy waves.
The kids loved it, it kinda felt like we were in the ocean, granted the wave
action isn't real good for the shoreline, but nonetheless, it was a good
time. I even got a very colorful compliment about my boat from a drunken
party barge pilot with the kids and grandma right next to me. I thought it
was quite funny, although I don't think my mother-in-law appreciated his
language. I could see they were connoisseurs of good taste, cut-off shorts
and Hams talls.

The list of boats I have built:
several fiberglass kayacks with the family when I was a pre-teen
the firecracker,a small rowing dory, when I was in my early twenties
the Don Hill driftboat, last year
current project, rebuild the runabout

I own a small river kayak, small cyclone 14 sailboat, and the gloucester
gull rowing dory.

I really want to build a simple skiff, Ed monk design or maybe Ken Swan, or
maybe a nondiscript thing from Gardner's small craft book, I'd like to turn
a 50' troller into a troller yacht, I'd like to build a Carolina Dory for
use in the estuaries, crabbing,.. Herreshof 12 1/2 would quite a project or
the trailerable Joel White version, that would be a a great daysailer for
the family. I recently dreamed of building the Prince Helfrich and Veltie
Pruit boat, early Rapid Robert, that those guys used in the upper Mckenzie
watershed. That's with spruce planks and all.

Enough, there is too many boats and not enough time.