Re: [MessaboutW] I could Just cry

Stephen Miller <kg7pv@...>

As a fellow ham the loss of a 2m rig is terrible to hear Andy. In fresh water it is likely ok if you can find it in the mud. Good luck!

Steve Miller
KG7PV

On Dec 28, 2005, at 8:24 PM, Andy T. Rusten wrote:

Merry Christmas to all

Went to the company xmas party and gross white elephant exchange on Friday afternoon in Portland, We got thru in good time for me to go over and check on the boat at Lon's... Still floatin and spent some time cleanin out some mildew which had formed on the ceiling, went thru a few boxes of stuff I had loaded on last month and fired up the propane lantern for heat and settled down for a wee nap.... Packed up my gear and closed up the boat. Clipped my trusty 2m VHF handheld on my belt that I had left in Nov in the locker and climbed off the boat , second trip off I distinctly heard a metallic "Click" and then a wet "Bloop"

YUP you guessed it.... Ol King Neptune stole my handie talkie !!!! Dirty rat anyway.... think Ill go dive for it this Friday since its in fresh water and Ive resurrected wetter older gear in years past....

I could just cry. It was an Alinco DJ580T Dual Hand 2M/70CM Handheld radio

Anybody up for Pizza either Friday night or Saturday here in the Salem area since we didnt get to get together

Andy

Andy T. Rusten - W7ATR
SV "Rusten Aweigh"
'72 Catalina 27, Hull #568