Orbit Reader Discussion Group firstname.lastname@example.orgThis group is for the discussion and support of the Orbit Reader 20 by Orbit Research, along with supporting and related products and accessories. Any future related products made by Orbit Research may also be discussed here.
While we aim to offer peer support and discussion of any current and future Orbit Reader products, this list is not sponsored, sanctioned, or endorsed by Orbit research. While there is no sponsorship or endorsement of this forum by Orbit Research, Orbit Research support staff are available here to assist, update, and inform.
We are generally fairly liberal in our group moderation, so we appreciate everyone's cooperation in making this group a nice place to hang out and have productive discussions. Group rules are simple.
1. Be nice. No personal attacks, flaming, or foul language. Remember the golden rule, which is not "do unto others before they do unto you". Treat others as you would want to be treated. Remember the platinum rule. Treat others in the way they would like to be treated. Disagree by all means, but do not be disagreeable.
2. Keep off topic discussions to a dull roar. Off topic discussions are inevitable. Please help to keep them from getting too out of hand. Besides, a little off topic helps to build community. Besides being a place to give and receive support, we like to think that this is a group of friends. If a topic runs too long and goes too far into the weeds, please respect the call to end the discussion.
3. No armchair quarterbacks, please. We will have group owner(s) and moderator(s) who will take care of administrative tasks, group discipline, and such as that. If you have an issue that needs to be addressed, please bring it up to the group owners and/or moderators off list.
4. Interestingly, this is all the way at 4. This group is for discussion of the Orbit Reader 20 by Orbit Research, along with any future products by Orbit Research in the same or similar vein, as well as accessories and related products. This group is not for the discussion of competing products, except as a comparison might be useful to suggest improvements or compare features. In other words, we are not here to promote other products by other manufacturers, again, except as may be useful for illustrative purposes. Having said that, a post of an informational nature to announce a new development in the field may be appropriate. Also, posts that involve discussions that are ment for one or just a few list members are off topic. Please take such discussions private, using the "Reply to sender" link at the bottom of group emails.
5. No one-liner posts, thank you posts, "Mee too" posts, and the like, please.
6. Have fun. If you're not having fun, go do something else for a while. Then come back when you can have fun again.
That should cover it for now.
- 213 Members
- 896 Topics, Last Post:
- Started on
Group Email Addresses
- All members can post to the group.
- Posts to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Posts from new users require approval from the moderators.
- Messages are set to reply to group.
- Subscriptions to this group do not require approval from the moderators.
- Archive is visible to anyone.
- Wiki is visible to anyone.
- Members can edit their messages.
- Members can set their subscriptions to no email.