R370 LGH - Auld Reekie Tours, Edinburgh

David McGow

Seen this morning in Edinburgh was R370 LGH, a Volvo Olympian with Northern Counties bodywork, apparently now used by Auld Reekie Tours.

Auld Reekie is a walking tour company and as this is the first sighting of the bus in Edinburgh, I don’t know yet what they intend to use it for.

Photos attached are extracted from my car dashcam and are not great quality, but I did see the reg number plate.

Ex-Southern Transit Bus Company Limited, Shoreham-by-Sea, West Sussex.

David

David McGow

Same bus reported by a friend seen southbound on the M6 near Penrith this afternoon. Still lettered for Auld Reekie.

tjwpsv

It becomes more intriguing... . Was it still open top? (I believe Southern Transit had the roof for it).

On 17/06/2021 18:17 David McGow <david@...> wrote:

Same bus reported by a friend seen southbound on the M6 near Penrith this afternoon. Still lettered for Auld Reekie.

David McGow

It was still open top. Also reported by another seen on the M6 this afternoon.

Also, seen on the M6 in the same area NORTHBOUND on Tuesday afternoon, so it seems it’s only been in Edinburgh for one day!

On 17 Jun 2021, at 18:51, tjwpsv <tim@...> wrote:

It becomes more intriguing... . Was it still open top? (I believe Southern Transit had the roof for it).
On 17/06/2021 18:17 David McGow <david@...> wrote:

Same bus reported by a friend seen southbound on the M6 near Penrith this afternoon. Still lettered for Auld Reekie.

newman ross

Being used on a film job.

Ross

On 17 Jun 2021, at 20:10, David McGow <david@...> wrote:

It was still open top. Also reported by another seen on the M6 this afternoon.

Also, seen on the M6 in the same area NORTHBOUND on Tuesday afternoon, so it seems it’s only been in Edinburgh for one day!

On 17 Jun 2021, at 18:51, tjwpsv <tim@...> wrote:

It becomes more intriguing... . Was it still open top? (I believe Southern Transit had the roof for it).
On 17/06/2021 18:17 David McGow <david@...> wrote:

Same bus reported by a friend seen southbound on the M6 near Penrith this afternoon. Still lettered for Auld Reekie.

David McGow

Thank you Ross.

Are you able to say is the bus now owned by Ensign, or another dealer, or still owned by Southern Transit?

David

On 17 Jun 2021, at 23:12, newman ross via groups.io <ensignross@...> wrote:

Being used on a film job.

Ross

On 17 Jun 2021, at 20:10, David McGow <david@...> wrote:

It was still open top. Also reported by another seen on the M6 this afternoon.

Also, seen on the M6 in the same area NORTHBOUND on Tuesday afternoon, so it seems it’s only been in Edinburgh for one day!

On 17 Jun 2021, at 18:51, tjwpsv <tim@...> wrote:

It becomes more intriguing... . Was it still open top? (I believe Southern Transit had the roof for it).
On 17/06/2021 18:17 David McGow <david@...> wrote:

Same bus reported by a friend seen southbound on the M6 near Penrith this afternoon. Still lettered for Auld Reekie.

newman ross

Still ST