Re: TSS aligned with TPM2 engine

Fredrik Ternerot

On Mon, Jan 14, 2019 at 2:48 PM Fredrik Ternerot via Groups.Io
<fredrik.trot=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

On Sat, Dec 22, 2018 at 7:21 PM James Bottomley
<James.Bottomley@...> wrote:

On Fri, 2018-12-21 at 15:22 +0000, Doug Fraser wrote:
[...]
On to openssl-tpm2-engine:

I had to make one small change to openssl-tpm2-engine before running
bootstrap/configure prior to the build.
Right after pulling the git tree, at the top of the tree I do:

#$ sed -i 's/ create_tpm2_key.1//' Makefile.am

This removes a documentation dependency on help2man.
This is required because I am cross-compiling, and I cannot execute
`create_tpm2_key --help` on the build host to extract the document.

It would be helpful if there were a configure option to block
documentation generation completely.
Well, as I said, I've never actually done a cross compile. However,
leafing through the somewhat confusing automake documentation on cross
compiles, I think this is the fix.
I can confirm that this solves the problem with help2man for me.
This did solve it for me when it comes to building for target, but
when building for native (needed for unittests) I still have problem
because help2man is not available in my build environment. As
previously suggested, it would be helpful if there was a configure
option to disable man page generation completely. Would that be an
acceptable option to add?

Fredrik

Join openssl-tpm2-engine@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.