Re: TSS aligned with TPM2 engine

James Bottomley

On Mon, 2019-01-14 at 14:47 +0100, Fredrik Ternerot wrote:
On Sat, Dec 22, 2018 at 7:21 PM James Bottomley
<James.Bottomley@...> wrote:

On Fri, 2018-12-21 at 15:22 +0000, Doug Fraser wrote:
[...]
On to openssl-tpm2-engine:

I had to make one small change to openssl-tpm2-engine before
running
bootstrap/configure prior to the build.
Right after pulling the git tree, at the top of the tree I do:

#$ sed -i 's/ create_tpm2_key.1//' Makefile.am

This removes a documentation dependency on help2man.
This is required because I am cross-compiling, and I cannot
execute
`create_tpm2_key --help` on the build host to extract the
document.

It would be helpful if there were a configure option to block
documentation generation completely.
Well, as I said, I've never actually done a cross
compile.  However,
leafing through the somewhat confusing automake documentation on
cross
compiles, I think this is the fix.
I can confirm that this solves the problem with help2man for me.

The changes in configure.ac are present in the latest commit (b43aa97
Version: 2.1.1). Would you mind to add the changes in Makefile.am as
well?
Heh, well, I was supposed to be keeping that local to my tree until
someone tested it, but it must have got partially pushed with the
version update. Thanks for testing, I've added a commit for the rest
of the Makefile stuff. Note, I don't think this is sufficient, but
like I said I got out of cross compiling ages ago mainly because of the
need to run make check, so I only use emulation containers nowadays, so
I'm betting there will be other issues.

James

Join openssl-tpm2-engine@groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.