Topics

OpenChain Webinar 3 - Today (Monday) at 9am Pacific

OpenChain Webinar 3: Tobie Langel (UnlockOpen) on Contribution Policies, Leon Schwartz and Tony Decicco (GTC) on M&A, Andrew Katz (Moorcrofts) on Due Diligence. We will wrap with Mark Gisi (WindRiver) on framing the next gen OpenChain standard. 9am Pacific, free and open for all:
https://www.openchainproject.org/featured/2020/04/23/openchain-webinar-3

Steve Kilbane

My thanks to all the presenters for the informative talks yesterday. I very much enjoyed them.

A follow-up question for Tobie, which I didn't raise at the time due to a combination of a tight schedule and an over-abundance of mute buttons...

You suggested converting the approval process into an app. I wondered whether there have been implementations of open-source tooling that does this? It's obviously reminiscent of CLA/DCO approval within GitHub, but I imagine that something different would be needed, since this would be approval from the other side of the contribution transaction.

Thanks again,

steve

Steve, thank you for this question!

Tobie, can we record the answer and include it in a forthcoming OpenChain webinar? I’m thinking we hop onto Zoom for 5~10 minutes and cover this.

Shane

On May 5, 2020, at 19:36, Steve Kilbane <@steve.kilbane> wrote:

My thanks to all the presenters for the informative talks yesterday. I very much enjoyed them.

A follow-up question for Tobie, which I didn't raise at the time due to a combination of a tight schedule and an over-abundance of mute buttons...

You suggested converting the approval process into an app. I wondered whether there have been implementations of open-source tooling that does this? It's obviously reminiscent of CLA/DCO approval within GitHub, but I imagine that something different would be needed, since this would be approval from the other side of the contribution transaction.

Thanks again,

steve

Let’s do the call. Perhaps next week? Then we can include it in a forthcoming webinar before/after the main speakers.

On May 14, 2020, at 0:38, Tobie Langel <@tobie> wrote:

That's a great question for a topic I care a lot about. Happy to dig deeper in a follow-up call or a pre-recorded video, as you wish.

Let me know how you want to proceed.

Thanks,

--tobie