Topics

Zigzag stitch

Cynthia Dickerson

Sometimes this 15,000, gets on my nerves.!!  I love it don’t get me wrong, but I just want to sew a simple zigzag stitch.  I want to zigzag two pieces of interfacing side by side together.   Something so simple. Usually, but not with this machine.  One stitch has an M and one has an R with no explanation.  So I finally get the machine set to stitch across both pieces of interfacing and the machine will only advance one of the pieces.  The feed dogs will not advanced both pieces evenly.  What the heck is wrong?  I am disgusted and going to bed,,,  I have sewed for 50 Year’s, and it is so smart I will be glad when I fully know how to operate this machine.  Can anyone help Me!

onlinesewing@...

The zigzag with M does swings the needle over the Middle of foot, meaning the zigs go half the width to the left and the zags go have the width to the right. The R swings the needle from the right position. I can’t really address the feeding issue without knowing what foot you used and what stitch.

Carolyn Gazerro

Do you have the Teflon plate. That might help with the feeding. You can also use a strip of water soluble stabilizer under both pieces.

Carolyn 🌹

Claire Schutz

Don't know where in the manual it states but M means starting in the middle and R means starting on right. Sure someone will help with the other problem you are having, Claire S.

On 3/5/2018 6:37 PM, Cynthia Dickerson wrote:
Sometimes this 15,000, gets on my nerves.!!  I love it don’t get me wrong, but I just want to sew a simple zigzag stitch.  I want to zigzag two pieces of interfacing side by side together.   Something so simple. Usually, but not with this machine.  One stitch has an M and one has an R with no explanation.  So I finally get the machine set to stitch across both pieces of interfacing and the machine will only advance one of the pieces.  The feed dogs will not advanced both pieces evenly.  What the heck is wrong?  I am disgusted and going to bed,,,  I have sewed for 50 Year’s, and it is so smart I will be glad when I fully know how to operate this machine.  Can anyone help Me!

Virginia

Alwayscuse the middle zig zag and butt the 2 pieces together. Personally I like the triple zig zag.

Sent from my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S7.

[...]

Pru Joy

I am also a bit bamboozled by the simple act of trying to sew two pieces of say water soluble stabiliser together with zigzag (& water soluble thread) - one side will feed at a different rate to the other!

I finally found that if I just overlap them a tiny bit & use a straight stitch plus dual feed foot that the result is better.

But now that I think further, I will see how it feeds by also engaging the dual feed button with the dual feed foot - shall let you know how it goes.

      • God is Love🌈 ... 1 John 4:8

--
🌈🍒💞🌼❤️