Yarn Couching Foot?


Alison Wheelock
 

Jim,

I just bought a design that incorporates yarn couching (a Husquvarna design.) I know they have a couching foot, or system. Does the 12000 have that? I'm at work now and can't look at my machine, and everything that I see on the web doesn't tell what all feet came with our lovely machine!

Thanks--really appreciate all the help you are giving all of us!

Alison in Texas


Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>
 

Janome has the Brush-Out Embroidery Kit, part #200383006. It has a special foot that feeds the yarn while it's being stitched down. This is a high-shank foot, so it would fit the 12000, but it's also positioned for a 7mm opening so the needle might hit it. We don't have one to try, but perhaps someone in the studio audience does. Anyone? Anyone? Beuhler?

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "alisonwheelock" <alisonwheelock@...> wrote:

Jim,

I just bought a design that incorporates yarn couching (a Husquvarna design.) I know they have a couching foot, or system. Does the 12000 have that? I'm at work now and can't look at my machine, and everything that I see on the web doesn't tell what all feet came with our lovely machine!

Thanks--really appreciate all the help you are giving all of us!

Alison in Texas


joylaytor
 

If that's the same as the old Miracle Stitcher foot, then the needle does hit it but you might be able to move it over enough to work. The zig zag width would be limited. Joy


Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>
 

It's not the same as the same as the Miracle Stitcher foot. The Yarn Embroidery foot is a plastic foot used only in embroidery mode. You cannot move the needle in that mode, so it probably will not work, but I don't have one to confirm. They could, of course, make one that would work, but the original foot did not sell well so there is not much incentive.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "joylaytor" <joylaytor@...> wrote:

If that's the same as the old Miracle Stitcher foot, then the needle does hit it but you might be able to move it over enough to work. The zig zag width would be limited. Joy


vicki chrobak
 

I opened my Husqvarna yarn couching Foot set today. It had 2 sets of guides. The smaller set fits almost perfectly on the 12000 lid. Neither the feet or ankle fit on the 12000. However, I read somewhere that a Pearl & Piping foot might work--at least maybe for freemotion. FWIW. But neither the HV ankle nor foot fit the 12000.
Vicki Jo


Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>
 

I was under the impression that we were talking about free motion couching. It sounds like you are talking about a regular sewing foot. For that the Janome Beading Feet set would work like your HV foot. You'll also need a 7mm shank to attach the foot to:

Part #830504017 or part #846572004: High shank foot holder for 7mm feet

Part #200321006

The Beading Feet Set consists of 2 feet, one with a 2mm groove and the other with a 4mm groove. The string of beads (or yarn) is fed through the groove to be stitched down with a narrow zig zag.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, Vicki Jo Chrobak <tulsajo1@...> wrote:

I opened my Husqvarna yarn couching Foot set today. It had 2 sets of
guides. The smaller set fits almost perfectly on the 12000 lid.
Neither the feet or ankle fit on the 12000. However, I read somewhere
that a Pearl & Piping foot might work--at least maybe for freemotion.
FWIW. But neither the HV ankle nor foot fit the 12000.
Vicki Jo


Liz
 

The Husqvarna Yarn Couching Feet Set can be used for free motion but it is also used with Special Husqvarna Embroidery Designs which were designed especially for those feet which the cord or wool is threaded through guides on the back of the machine and through a hole in the foot. I have seen & done some lovely designs with this method. Liz