Topics

Windows 7 one more time...Please

Vicky McEwen

I am not computer savvy, computer  diagnosis send me over the wall, and  cloud boxes is where you  store  rainwater..  Would some one please in  simple step order tell me  how to get embroidery designs to work on Window 10.

I think I have to have a piece of software to download my designs  for saving.  And then  I am wondering  why is this so complicated.    I have a  software  program  that  does many things.  I need  spend another 40 days wandering around in  this software  maze..   I thank you in advance.

Tracy

Vicky-
No, you do not have to have any software in order to download designs to your computer or then move them to your machine.  I did this all the time for years before getting any software.

Just click on the link to download the design.  They will save automatically to your Downloads folder unless you set up File Manager to always ask you where to save the file.  Either way- once it's on your computer you can move the file to anywhere you want.  So- from the Downloads file - right click on the design and chose "cut".  Go to where your embroidery designs are on your computer and inside that area/folder you will right click on an empty area and chose "paste".  The design will move to where you put it.  When you save it- be sure to change the name of the file to something that makes sense, especially if the file downloaded is named with just numbers.  I also add in the name of the website that it came from at the end of my file name.  That way I can always contact the digitizer if there is an issue with the design when I'm stitching it out.  I add everything from the website name except the .com, .net etc.

When you are ready to take the design to your machine - highlight it and right click, then chose "copy".  Go to your USB or other transfer device and right click in an open/empty area and chose "paste".  That will put the design on the device and you can open it on your machine then.
Tracy in Nashville, TN
Martha Pullen Licensed Educator

Vicky McEwen

Thank you for be very simple for me to understand. My one question...maybe 2 questions. If I took all the designs I have put in ,say Vicky embroidery,using Window 7 All i have to do is follow your direction on the Windows 10 computer and copy/paste to the folder for the transferred design. Correct?

I have a very good program that I used but it's gotten complicated. for me. It is called Data 7 Consultant and the things it does is tremendous. It digitizes, catalogues, etc., sewing steps, etc. Maybe I have Janome Horizon on Janome 1200 embroidery/sew. I live within 40 miles of a dealer and went for a lesson, but the lady said she wasn't very familiar with the machine and knew nothing about the Horizon Link. Searching and trying to put information together is crazy. Flipping from one page to another page and then back to another mage makes learning difficult.

Question 2. How do you set up the File Folder?

Thank you so much, I will be trying your directions next week.

On Thursday, January 9, 2020, 8:33:37 AM CST, Tracy <tjoriginals@...> wrote:

[...]

favymtz

Continuing with how to organize your embroidery files.
In a Windows 10 computer:
How to set up a file folder is so easy! On your bottom taskbar of the computer screen, see the little manila folder icon.
That's the way to open File Explorer where you can create folders and keep your computer organized.
Just click on it. Then on the Home Tab select New folder.
Give it a name. I would suggest that if this is going to be the folder where you store all of your embroidery files you call it @your nameEmbroidery.
(The symbol at the beginning means it will put if first in your Documents list so it's easy for you to get to without scrolling through lots of documents or other folders.)
Then you can create sub folders within the Embroidery folder. As many folders as you want to organize your collection.
This is when you have to decide how you think and how you organize.
I mainly organize by category: Flowers, Fonts, Animals, Holidays etc.
Within my categories I create more folders usually by Designer name or a collection I have saved.

--
Favymtz