From: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io <onlinesewing-janome@groups.io> on behalf of Jim Stutsman via groups.io <onlinesewing@...>
Sent: Tuesday, November 9, 2021 11:33:12 AM
To: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io <onlinesewing-janome@groups.io>
Subject: Re: [onlinesewing-janome] Windows 11

I would hold off for a while. As everyone knows, I don't do Windows, but I have a son who needs to for work. He was down for half a day because one of his work apps that has worked through Windows 10, does not work correctly on Windows 11. This, even after he went through all the gyrations with compatibility mode. Keep any eye on the Janome Software page for updates relating to Windows 11. If anyone has already gone to Windows 11 and had no problems with Janome software, please post what software you are using and any problems related to Windows 11.

Ceil J

I upgraded to 11 when I wasn't feeling well and thought I was only doing an update.  I did not like it at all especially as you didn't have the same menu when you right click on an item unless you select another thing and then click again.  Annoying.  There were other things I didn't like as well so I reverted back to 10 and will wait until they fix some things that many will find annoying before upgrading.  Oh, and I couldn't move the menu bar from the bottom to the sides or top which is something I often need to do.  I think they'll have to fix that.

Virginia

Trust me.  Windows 11 if you do not just upgrade from windows 10 and purchase a new computer with Windows 11.  It is awesome.  I upgraded on my Windows 7 to the Windows 10 years ago when they offered the free upgrade and it never worked correctly until I just purchased an inexpensive computer with Windows 10 and it was fine, It never was as fast as my new Windows 11,  but I had it 4 years and it is still running.

I transferred everything from my Widows 10 to my Windows 11 and it only took minutes with PC mover.  All my software is up and running with no issues except my Janome V.5 will not transfer the components to run.  I went on the global website did what they said but it did not work, other than that all my other software transferred with a breeze and are running better than ever. I have an email into Janome tech      and am hoping they can help.

Virginia

I upgraded to 11 when I wasn't feeling well and thought I was only doing an update.  I did not like it at all especially as you didn't have the same menu when you right click on an item unless you select another thing and then click again.  Annoying.  There were other things I didn't like as well so I reverted back to 10 and will wait until they fix some things that many will find annoying before upgrading.  Oh, and I couldn't move the menu bar from the bottom to the sides or top which is something I often need to do.  I think they'll have to fix that.

Deb K.

Hello,
I recently updated two PCs my desktop and laptop from Windows 10 to Windows 11. Both are running Horizon Link Suite (the latest version) and everything is working well; in fact neither computer had any issues at all which is AMAZING in my prior experience ha-ha.
Deb in CA