From: itsatweetything <itsatweetything@...>
Date: 7/16/19 12:52 PM (GMT-05:00)
To: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io
Subject: [onlinesewing-janome] Windows 10 S

I should have looked at the requirements, before purchaseing, but I was
looking for something cheap, and, on a plus note, it is the color of Rose.
  I don't have Janome software.  I am using Windows 7,
with my 3DEmbroidery System, which is an old software.
Do you think my $200.00 laptop with Windows 10 S, Would
still work?

Thank You for your help.
Maureen

HEATHER COWAN

I am running my 3D on windows 10.  Pfaff said I would have to upgrade but there are drivers out there and instructions.  I am wrangling twin grandsons at the moment but would have time in a week to send instructions if you need them.
Heather

On Jul 16, 2019, at 1:47 PM, itsatweetything <itsatweetything@...> wrote:

I should have looked at the requirements, before purchaseing, but I was
looking for something cheap, and, on a plus note, it is the color of Rose.
  I don't have Janome software.  I am using Windows 7,
with my 3DEmbroidery System, which is an old software.
Do you think my $200.00 laptop with Windows 10 S, Would
still work?

Thank You for your help.
Maureen

Kaye Lessard

Joyce why not try it then if too slow look into
Adding some more ram!!!
Kaye In la

itsatweetything

Thank You very much for your help and suggestions.
It was very helpful.
Maureen

Mattes

Edited

Maureen,

I didn‘t follow all the replies to your posting, but an important info might be missing: You’re talking about „Windows 10 S“ which is the „Security“ edition of Windows, mostly for educational usage. As a consequence this version allows ONLY the installation of Microsoft App Store apps, and I‘m quite sure Janome‘s software is not available in the app store, but requires a legacy installation via download / CD and running a setup program.

Please double-check before making a decision...

Mattes

EDIT: It seems to be possible to switch off „S“ mode once, so desktop programs can be installed. But there‘s no way back ... Just google for „Windows 10 in S mode FAQ“ by Microsoft.

Claire Schutz

Heather, this is Claire Schutz, cyschutz@...   If possible would appreciate any info you have about this as I also have Win7Prof and 3D.  I will be going to Win10 shortly and any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks, Claire S.