Topics

Wifi issues

Irene Holland

I am looking for suggestions. Yesterday I set up for AcuSetter, my iPad found my machine and all looked good. This morning was a no go. My machine could not be found. I checked the wifi setup on the 15000 looks good signal a bit weak. I restarted everything 15000, iPad, and router. Since the signal was weak, I moved the machine to be by the router. Still no go. What else should I be looking at/trying? 
TIA Irene

Jim Stutsman

Since it worked initially the problem is most likely interference. At the moment there are 12 other WiFi connections available in the neighborhood around me. Unless you live in a remote location, this is usually the case. Interference can also come from cordless phones, microwave ovens, and even LED light bulbs. If you can change the router channel to one that is not used by a neighbor it may help. In the US there are 11 channels available. However they are so close together in frequency that the choices really come down to 1, 6, and 11. Consult the instructions for your router (Google the model if necessary) and try different channels. Most current routers offer a choice between 2.4GHz and 5GHz. The machine can only use 2.4GHz, which is slower and more prone to interference. It may be helpful to try changing settings at a time when few people are home. Even though most WiFi routers are on all the time, if they are not actively passing data there will be less interference.