WiFi Connections to 15000

capaul4@...

Hi Everyone,

I'm starting a new topic regarding the Wi'Fi and our wonderful and sometimes mysterious 15000 machines.

Two days ago, Monday, May 2nd, I decided that "This is the day" that my 15000 WILL connect to my MacBook Pro that I bought just last year but it is still the "intel" version.  I had been doing the 15000 Workbook Exercises and about Ex.#3 we were testing things and WiFi connection was one of them.  There was NO way that my 15000 or my computer were going to "talk" to each other, so I just decided that I'd been using the USB all this time so I wasn't going to bother.  Well, the day before yesterday, I was to lazy to walk to the machine and get the USB to transfer a design, so instead I took the computer there to save one trip.  I was using Artistic Digitizer, as my 16 year old grandson, Jacob, asked if I could embroider his name on his work jacket, so that it would stand out from the other guys he worked with at the Saskatoon Golf & Country Club.  It was a good way to make the test because I actually had a project to do for real.

At first things didn't work at all.  I found the cable to attach the two together and then the file transferred.   Step 2 was to check out the WiFi and IP addresses were correct, so I tried again WITH SUCCESS!  I think that now I might be good to go for at least a little while.  Jacob came over with his jacket after school, yesterday, and I did a stitch out for his approval.  He was so happy with the test that I got a great big hug from this wonderful 6"2"+ young man. (I think maybe he loves his Grandma just a wee bit).  I think that I will use the FA hoop and do (drum roll please), use the "Free Arm" and do this embroidery through a zipper hole in lining and stitch on the jacket front only.  I'll let you all know when I get it finished, but it might not be today as I am taking Bella Rose for her first road trip, with 2 passengers to Haus of Stitches in Humboldt which is a little over an hour away - it will only be about 140 miles but we will have fun.  This vehicle is awesome and I'm hoping that my new sewing machine will be too WHEN it finally arrives.

Happy Stitching.

Cheryl - Saskatoon

Sheri-A

What a great story!

The transfer to machine option is a bit of heartburn for me.  We have the router from AT&T and a mesh network from Google.  My husband set them up to have the same ID and password (he has his reasons).  It drives me crazy when I want to set up my sewing machine and can't figure out which one to use since there are two of the same ID.  I eventually get it, but I grumble in the process.

Kathy Skagen <kagen48@...>

Maybe he would agree to put an A or B behind on or the other.

On Wednesday, May 4, 2022, 05:34:31 PM CDT, Sheri-A <sheri-a@...> wrote:

What a great story!

The transfer to machine option is a bit of heartburn for me.  We have the router from AT&T and a mesh network from Google.  My husband set them up to have the same ID and password (he has his reasons).  It drives me crazy when I want to set up my sewing machine and can't figure out which one to use since there are two of the same ID.  I eventually get it, but I grumble in the process.

Sheri-A

Now that I have the M17, the iPad has become more important.  Because my sewing machine and my iPad would connect randomly to different IP networks (we have two in our house with the same SSID and password due to the tons of gadgets set up on the network) and about 25% of the time they would both connect to the same network.  Today we spent several hours trying to troubleshoot how the two networks, AT&T and Google nest, work together and what my husband ended up doing was assigning a static IP to both my M17 and my iPad.  This was done when he logged onto the router via our AT&T account.  I wish we had done this years ago!

Kathy Skagen <kagen48@...>

So, your M17 brought you multiple blessings! I'm so glad for you.
Kathy

On Saturday, May 14, 2022, 09:54:58 PM CDT, Sheri-A <sheri-a@...> wrote:

Now that I have the M17, the iPad has become more important.  Because my sewing machine and my iPad would connect randomly to different IP networks (we have two in our house with the same SSID and password due to the tons of gadgets set up on the network) and about 25% of the time they would both connect to the same network.  Today we spent several hours trying to troubleshoot how the two networks, AT&T and Google nest, work together and what my husband ended up doing was assigning a static IP to both my M17 and my iPad.  This was done when he logged onto the router via our AT&T account.  I wish we had done this years ago!

Vickie Wright

Ditto to what everyone has said about Jim and Diane I too have notebook full of wonderful wisdom thru the years God bless you both

--
Vickie in Ohio and Florida