Topics

WiFi Connection

favymtz

I know you've mentioned that depending how far the router is from the machine that we may have trouble sending designs to the machine. My router is fairly far away from the 15000 machine, but my computer is right next to the machine and readily recognizes the machine when I 'search' for the machine. However, I cannot get the machine to receive a design when trying to send it through either Horizon Link Suite or MBX v5. I always get a message to "check Wifi settings." I can easily send and receive using my Ipad and the apps. I usually would prefer to use the computer because that's where I do most of the prep work, rather than on the Ipad. Any help would be appreciated.
The problem here is that WiFi is basically a radio. When you send from computer to the machine (any software), the data goes from your computer to the router, then back to the machine. Your computer has very robust WiFi with a strong signal. So as it's pumping data OUT to the router, the signal is stronger than the signal from the router and it's interfering with the machine trying to receive data. This causes the transmission to fail, hence the message. Problems like this are hard to overcome. If your computer is within 16 feet of the machine you would be better off using a USB cable. If that's not feasible, moving the machine or the computer to a different position might help. Unfortunately the machine has the antenna buried inside, surrounded by metal and electronics. This weakens the signal, and the much stronger signals from the computer can overwhelm it. It's like you trying to listen to a radio at the back of the house while a TV is right next to you blasting at full volume.

favymtz

Thank you, that is a very good description of what is causing the WiFi trouble I have. It does work on the very rare occassion, but it's too much trouble to try it unless I'm in a mood to torture myself. It's too bad the machine doesn't have a stronger "receiver".