Topics

Welcome to the 12000 Group!

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

This group is hosted by Diane and Jim Stutsman. We were Janome dealers for 25 years, until our retirement in early 2011. We are continuing to develop informational products for Janome machines, and the 12000 offers many opportunities. Our products are featured on our website: www.onlinesewing.com

We have had our 12000 for a couple of days, and we're still clearing out space in Diane's sewing room to set it up. The video that comes with the machine is pretty sparse, and the manual leaves a lot unanswered as well. That means we'll be doing a LOT of support material for this machine!

We're moderating membership here to prevent infiltration by spammers. Messages are not currently moderated, but that could change. As the list's "Nana" and "Papa" (5 small people call us by those names), we'll be friendly dictators. No flaming, no spamming, no selling, all the usual "don'ts". For those of you on digest, PLEASE do trim off the excess when responding. Nobody likes reading a digest with previous digests embedded in it. If you break the rules frequently, we'll put you on moderation, and we'd really rather not do that. Even in retirement there are nowhere near enough hours in the day, and having to approve messages is not something we want to do.

Thanks for signing up. Now let's hear from you!

joylaytor

I just got my machine and it is wonderful! I am very happy that you have started this group! The quality of the machine is great and I especially like the small footprint while still allowing the large hoops! I just barely got into the HorizonLink, so my question may mean I need to study more, but when I click on File Manager, I expected to see the machine's built-in embroidery files show in the File Manager window, but it seems to just quickly copy them to a directory on the PC and I can bring them up from the PC or open them individually on the sewing machine itself and then send them to the computer.
Joy

sweetiepiec@...

On Thu, Oct 6, 2011 at 12:03 PM, "Jim_Stutsman" <jim@...> wrote:
I just got my MC 12000 and am so in Love with it so far.  My last machine was a Singer 760 I got when I got married the first time. This is great to have a group that will help answer basic questions and also help with other How To's  Thank you so much for the Group.
Chris
www.onlinesewing.com

Cat - N

Congratulations...enjoy!