Warning on Janome Horizon 15000

songnbird

My machine has recently been giving me a warning with the presser foot showing on the screen. All sewing is locked, but if I unplug the foot control from the machine and plug it back in, it works fine again...for a while. I'm wondering if this is a problem with the presser foot or is it with the machine itself? True confession, I have not had the machine serviced in about 2 years. Your advice, please.

Linda

Bernice Ramsey

Your foot is going out.  You will need to replace it.  You can find a regular foot on Amazon or get the double one from your dealer.

--
Bernice and the Poodle Herd

Jim Stutsman

Just to clarify, to me "presser foot" is the part that holds the fabric down while you sew. The foot control is the part you push with your foot to make it sew. So if the warning has the presser foot, i.e. not the foot control, then it might mean a sensor issue. On the 15000 this could be the needle plate sensor that checks to see if you have the right plate installed for what you are trying to do. On the bottom of each 15000 plate there is a metal piece that fits into a pocket near the back right corner. There are switches in there to detect the plate status. A lint buildup in that area could cause bogus warnings. However - if this is the problem, unplugging/replugging the foot control would have no effect.

If the warning is a picture of the foot control, that's a different problem related to the foot control itself. Diane has had to replace the foot control on her machine for this problem, and many others have as well.

A two-year gap in service is not the end of the world. Remove needle plate, presser foot, and bobbin case and use the smallest vacuum attachment you have to pull out the accumulated crud. That could also help if it's the first problem.

songnbird

well, duh; of course it's the foot control. Thanks for the reply on both of these items.

Linda