Topics

Virtual computer

kmurphy1@bellsouth.net

Has anyone turned their Apple Mac into a virtual computer so it will work with their Janome 15000?
Is it easy to work with after you convert computer?

onlinesewing@...

I'm not sure that I understand this question. Are you asking if it's possible to create a virtual computer running Windows on a Mac? Yes, we do that ourselves. All of our videos that feature Windows software were made on a Mac running VMware Fusion to create a virtual Windows PC. We even use it with Janome's Digitizer MBX V5 and it works really well. It can get confusing with regard to where things are: on the Mac or in Windows. I try to keep everything on the Mac, so it gets backed up to Time Machine. You can easily access Mac files in the Windows virtual machine.

Mattes

Just to cover all bases: You won't need Windows if you are fine with working with existing files or applying small modifications, only. A memory stick formatted by your Janome machine can be read by macOS and designs can be transferred using the macOS Finder (w/o any additional software). And several options are available to organize / preview JEF files directly on a Mac without a virtual Windows machine or Bootcamp installation.

But for more sophisticated tasks / digitizing I'd use VMware Fusion to benefit from reasonable priced Windows programs: Digitizers for macOS are rare and quite costly...

Mary E

I have Floriani software and so needed some sort of Windows program. I am using Paralells which seems to work well.

On Thursday, May 31, 2018, Mattes <info@...> wrote:
Just to cover all bases: You won't need Windows if you are fine with working with existing files or applying small modifications, only. A memory stick formatted by your Janome machine can be read by macOS and designs can be transferred using the macOS Finder (w/o any additional software). And several options are available to organize / preview JEF files directly on a Mac without a virtual Windows machine or Bootcamp installation.

But for more sophisticated tasks / digitizing I'd use VMware Fusion to benefit from reasonable priced Windows programs: Digitizers for macOS are rare and quite costly...

EdnaAnderson

Embrilliance has great and affordable digitizing software!
Runs on both pc and Mac!