Using The French Knot for the Janome 10,000

Cynthia Dickerson

Hi Jim,

I have a paper with my Janome 10,000 that was Diane's recipe for a very nice french knot.  This was wonderful and wonder if she new of a way to duplicate that knot and steps for the Janome 15,000?  I also added it for any Janome 10,000 owners who might want it!

Jim Stutsman

There's a stitch file in the Files section created by member favymtz FrKnot.stx
It was created for the 12000, but should also work on the 15000.

favymtz

Yes, my French knot stx works wonderfully on the 15k as well! And can even be used in Horizon Link Edit mode, "convert .stx'' and in the Acustitch program.
Thanks Jim for reminding the members about the stitch!
favymtz

--
Favymtz

Kathy Skagen

Hi Cynthia,
I would like to have the directions for Diane's French knot for the 10,000. (There was not an attachment with your email.) I assume that Favy's stx will not work with the 10000 but, I plan to check the files for it for my 15000.
Thanks!
Kathy
kagen48@...

On Wednesday, January 12, 2022, 09:43:47 AM CST, Cynthia Dickerson <cindydickerson@...> wrote:

Hi Jim,

I have a paper with my Janome 10,000 that was Diane's recipe for a very nice french knot.  This was wonderful and wonder if she new of a way to duplicate that knot and steps for the Janome 15,000?  I also added it for any Janome 10,000 owners who might want it!

Cynthia Dickerson

Kathy,

If you want to send me your phone number or email address,  I will text it to you or email it, which ever you prefer. Cindy

Cynthia Dickerson

Kathy, this has already been posted into the files by Jim.  You can print it off of there.  I didn't know it.

Kathy Skagen

Thank you, Cindy! It's kagen48@....
Kathy

On Wednesday, January 12, 2022, 12:34:12 PM CST, Cynthia Dickerson <cindydickerson@...> wrote:

Kathy,

If you want to send me your phone number or email address,  I will text it to you or email it, which ever you prefer. Cindy

Kathy Skagen

Wonderful! I need to spend more time perusing the files. Thank you very much.
Kathy

On Wednesday, January 12, 2022, 12:46:58 PM CST, Cynthia Dickerson <cindydickerson@...> wrote:

Kathy, this has already been posted into the files by Jim.  You can print it off of there.  I didn't know it.

Sara Jane

I would like to have the directions also, please.   Sara

On Jan 12, 2022, at 11:36 AM, Kathy Skagen <kagen48@...> wrote:

Hi Cynthia,
I would like to have the directions for Diane's French knot for the 10,000. (There was not an attachment with your email.) I assume that Favy's stx will not work with the 10000 but, I plan to check the files for it for my 15000.
Thanks!
Kathy
kagen48@...

On Wednesday, January 12, 2022, 09:43:47 AM CST, Cynthia Dickerson <cindydickerson@...> wrote:

Hi Jim,

I have a paper with my Janome 10,000 that was Diane's recipe for a very nice french knot.  This was wonderful and wonder if she new of a way to duplicate that knot and steps for the Janome 15,000?  I also added it for any Janome 10,000 owners who might want it!

Kris Tingley

Could you tell me where to find the instructions for adding magnets to the wooden frame

On Wednesday, January 12, 2022, 10:24:11 AM CST, favymtz <favymtz@...> wrote:

Yes, my French knot stx works wonderfully on the 15k as well! And can even be used in Horizon Link Edit mode, "convert .stx'' and in the Acustitch program.
Thanks Jim for reminding the members about the stitch!
favymtz

--
Favymtz

Cynthia Dickerson

Sara send me an email and I will pass it on to you.

cindydickerson@...

Janet Gronski

Can you please tell me what stitch you use for the French knot on the Janome 15000. Thank you so much.

On Wed, Jan 12, 2022, 9:24 AM favymtz <favymtz@...> wrote:
Yes, my French knot stx works wonderfully on the 15k as well! And can even be used in Horizon Link Edit mode, "convert .stx'' and in the Acustitch program.
Thanks Jim for reminding the members about the stitch!
favymtz

--
Favymtz

Kathy Skagen

Janet,
You can find it in the files for the group. It is titled FrKnot.stx--Stitch Composer file for a French Knot, created by member favymtz.
Kathy

On Sunday, January 16, 2022, 01:22:09 PM CST, Janet Gronski <jmgronski76@...> wrote:

Can you please tell me what stitch you use for the French knot on the Janome 15000. Thank you so much.

On Wed, Jan 12, 2022, 9:24 AM favymtz <favymtz@...> wrote:
Yes, my French knot stx works wonderfully on the 15k as well! And can even be used in Horizon Link Edit mode, "convert .stx'' and in the Acustitch program.
Thanks Jim for reminding the members about the stitch!
favymtz

--
Favymtz

favymtz

Janet Gronski, The built in French Knot stitch is #6 in Decorative Stitches category on the 15k machine. That is the stitch that Diane's instructions use to modify the stitch length on.
Basically what she does is try to eliminate the long stitches that connects successive French Knots together so that it stitches just as a nice single French Knot, and she adjusts the tension so that it looks lumpy.
Adjust the length to 0.0 and the tension to 8.2 and save it in a folder you create in the machine.
The stx file that I created in Stitch Composer does much the same thing, but I feel that it stitches more successfully than the modified built-in stitch.
I'm attaching both the .stx file and Diane's instructions, I hope that's okay.
Try them both and see what you like!
--
Favymtz

Shirley Allen

Janet Gronski

Thank you very much. I couldn't find the group files. I'll try again today. I appreciate your help. Janet

On Mon, Jan 17, 2022, 7:35 AM favymtz <favymtz@...> wrote:
Janet Gronski, The built in French Knot stitch is #6 in Decorative Stitches category on the 15k machine. That is the stitch that Diane's instructions use to modify the stitch length on.
Basically what she does is try to eliminate the long stitches that connects successive French Knots together so that it stitches just as a nice single French Knot, and she adjusts the tension so that it looks lumpy.
Adjust the length to 0.0 and the tension to 8.2 and save it in a folder you create in the machine.
The stx file that I created in Stitch Composer does much the same thing, but I feel that it stitches more successfully than the modified built-in stitch.
I'm attaching both the .stx file and Diane's instructions, I hope that's okay.
Try them both and see what you like!
--
Favymtz

Helen Aarness

I’m sure this is a dumb question. What do I do with a stx file? Download to a USB and put it on the machine?

On Jan 17, 2022, at 6:35 AM, favymtz <favymtz@...> wrote:

[...]

Yes, you put it on a usb and then to the machine!
Instructions are on page 63 of the 15k manual, under the topic "Created Stitches (CS)"
--
Favymtz