Using the Binder

Julie

I had a chance to try out the Quilt Binder set with the 12k yesterday and was extremely happy with the result.  I did use the foot that came with the kit, attaching it to the 11k ankle that I purchased so I could use all of my old 7700 and 11k feet.

I was even successful turning corners.  The challenge was in trying to figure out how wide to cut the binding.  My fabric was thinner than I really wanted to use, but all I had in the right color.  Because the fabric was a thin cotton, it needed to be cut wider than a thicker cotton.  I tried 1 7/8” to start with and it was awful.  Then I tried 2” and it was still a problem not having enough to turn under.  I ended up with 2 ¼” wide and still had to watch to be sure that it was turning over where it should turn over.

I did this binding around 2 baby quilts using a straight stitch on the machine and it caught both sides of the quilt – this video will show you how to do it from start to finish.  There is also another video that someone posted the other day that shows you how to attach the binder.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShT0VQ3BIUM&feature=related

Julie in TX

Carol

Thanks for the link to the video, Julie.

Carol

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "Julie" <jjems@...> wrote:
I did this binding around 2 baby quilts using a straight stitch on the
machine and it caught both sides of the quilt – this video will show you how
to do it from start to finish. There is also another video that someone
posted the other day that shows you how to attach the binder.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShT0VQ3BIUM
<http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ShT0VQ3BIUM&feature=related>
&feature=related

Julie in TX