USB stick for 550e

Tericloth

Sooo I just started experimenting and bought my first pattern to download on to a memory stick, go that figured out and the Janome 550e gives me the message that I cannot use the USB drive, do you need to use Janome USB’s? and can it not be bigger than 4gb? I thought the larger the memory the better? Anyway I had bought this cute vintage sewing machine USB, I guess it is not usable for the machine? Any helpful hints out there?

Thank you !!!!!

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Linda Wunder

In my Janome 15000 I have to format the memory stick—- in the machine. After formatting I can add designs. That might be your situation. Just a thought. Linda

Gaige & Linda

On Jan 2, 2021, at 4:38 PM, Mail Administrator <tericloth6@...> wrote:

Sooo I just started experimenting and bought my first pattern to download on to a memory stick, go that figured out and the Janome 550e gives me the message that I cannot use the USB drive, do you need to use Janome USB’s? and can it not be bigger than 4gb? I thought the larger the memory the better? Anyway I had bought this cute vintage sewing machine USB, I guess it is not usable for the machine? Any helpful hints out there?

Thank you !!!!!

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Pixey

I tend to use smaller USBs with the machines, they are not sophisticated processors and are so picky about where you put the files.  This is a case where bigger with a lot more files is not better.

You haven’t mentioned it, but did you format the USB in the machine as mentioned on page 50 of the manual before trying to use it for a design?  That said, I have found that a lot of the “cute” USBs have no-name-brand quality control issues.  I bought a batch once and got several lemons.  You might try a different small USB to determine if it is the machine or the individual USB.

Pixey

On Jan 2, 2021, at 5:38 PM, Mail Administrator <tericloth6@...> wrote:

Sooo I just started experimenting and bought my first pattern to download on to a memory stick, go that figured out and the Janome 550e gives me the message that I cannot use the USB drive, do you need to use Janome USB’s? and can it not be bigger than 4gb? I thought the larger the memory the better? Anyway I had bought this cute vintage sewing machine USB, I guess it is not usable for the machine? Any helpful hints out there?

Thank you !!!!!

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Debra Mclin

My machines like a 1gb with very few designs on it.  It will not read a 4gb and if there are too many designs on my stick it will not read it either.

On Sat, Jan 2, 2021 at 5:38 PM Mail Administrator <tericloth6@...> wrote:

Sooo I just started experimenting and bought my first pattern to download on to a memory stick, go that figured out and the Janome 550e gives me the message that I cannot use the USB drive, do you need to use Janome USB’s? and can it not be bigger than 4gb? I thought the larger the memory the better? Anyway I had bought this cute vintage sewing machine USB, I guess it is not usable for the machine? Any helpful hints out there?

Thank you !!!!!

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

darlene Reese

You are best to use a 1 or 2 gb USB stick. You have to put it in the machine before you use it to format it.

Dottie Newkirk

I don't have the 550e but, I'm guessing you'll need to format the usb in your machine before adding designs to it.  The machine will format the usb for use in the machine.  You'll put the design into a folder (for my 15K it's embf which is a subfolder under EMB).  I don't know what the folder would be for the 550e.  Information might be in your manual.  Dottie in Texas

On 1/2/2021 12:17 PM, Mail Administrator wrote:

Sooo I just started experimenting and bought my first pattern to download on to a memory stick, go that figured out and the Janome 550e gives me the message that I cannot use the USB drive, do you need to use Janome USB’s? and can it not be bigger than 4gb? I thought the larger the memory the better? Anyway I had bought this cute vintage sewing machine USB, I guess it is not usable for the machine? Any helpful hints out there?

Thank you !!!!!

AVG logo

www.avg.com

Ginger Benckert <stitchedinfaith@...>

get the smaller sticks on amazon, they are worth their weight in gold

GINGERhttps://www.stitchedinfaith.com
Custom embroidery and stock designs

On 01/02/2021 1:17 PM Mail Administrator <tericloth6@hotmail.com> wrote:

Sooo I just started experimenting and bought my first pattern to download on to a memory stick, go that figured out and the Janome 550e gives me the message that I cannot use the USB drive, do you need to use Janome USB’s? and can it not be bigger than 4gb? I thought the larger the memory the better? Anyway I had bought this cute vintage sewing machine USB, I guess it is not usable for the machine? Any helpful hints out there?
Thank you !!!!!
Sent from Mail (https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986) for Windows 10

Lyn Quine

You don’t need big USBs a 2 or 4GB is more than ample, or even better if you have a smaller one lurking at the back of the drawer, (I’ve got one that’s 250MB) they work just as well.  You can get lots of designs on even the small ones. You shouldn’t load them up with all your designs, your machine can’t cope ITH it, it has to red it all before it cn display them and it doesn’t have the same read/write capability as your computer, too many and it will just slow it down.

Tericloth

Thank you, I did go get a stick with less memory, worked!!! And I created my first downloaded embroidery !!! Very exciting!!

get the smaller sticks on amazon, they are worth their weight in gold

GINGERhttps://www.stitchedinfaith.com
Custom embroidery and stock designs

> On 01/02/2021 1:17 PM Mail Administrator <tericloth6@...> wrote:
>

> Sooo I just started experimenting and bought my first pattern to download on to a memory stick, go that figured out and the Janome 550e gives me the message that I cannot use the USB drive, do you need to use Janome USB’s? and can it not be bigger than 4gb? I thought the larger the memory the better? Anyway I had bought this cute vintage sewing machine USB, I guess it is not usable for the machine? Any helpful hints out there?
> Thank you !!!!!
> Sent from Mail (https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986) for Windows 10

Ginger Benckert <stitchedinfaith@...>

Years ago I made the same mistake, but not I get the sticks with 20 of them in the package, they come with labels and lanyards too. Your regular stores no longer sells them, so I stock up.

------------------------------
get the smaller sticks on amazon, they are worth their weight in gold

GINGERhttps://www.stitchedinfaith.com
Custom embroidery and stock designs

> On 01/02/2021 1:17 PM Mail Administrator <tericloth6@hotmail.com> wrote:
>

> Sooo I just started experimenting and bought my first pattern to download on to a memory stick, go that figured out and the Janome 550e gives me the message that I cannot use the USB drive, do you need to use Janome USB’s? and can it not be bigger than 4gb? I thought the larger the memory the better? Anyway I had bought this cute vintage sewing machine USB, I guess it is not usable for the machine? Any helpful hints out there?
> Thank you !!!!!
> Sent from Mail (https://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=550986) for Windows 10

Tericloth

Thank you!!

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

You are best to use a 1 or 2 gb USB stick. You have to put it in the machine before you use it to format it.

Tericloth

Thank you !!! That explains perfectly!!