USB Stick

stitchnpatch

Hi - my 12000 arrives today - hurray! I was wondering if the USB memory stick that I use with my 350e will work OK on the 12000? I'm getting a second stick to use as well but it would save me transferring designs if it does. I don't want to lose the designs that I already have on the stick.
Thanks
Vicki

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

No worries Vicki. Your 350E stick will work fine on the 12000. However you won't be able to see the designs on it without some computer work first. The 350E looks for all designs to be in one or more folders inside the EmbF5 folder. When you first plug in the stick it creates two folders:
EmbF5
______MyDesign

You can store up to 100 designs in MyDesign, or add more folders to EmbF5.
On the 12000 the folders look like this:
EMB
____EmbF

You can put up to 100 designs in EmbF, or create more folders in EMB.

If you want to instantly convert your stick for 12000 use, put it in your computer and rename the EmbF5 folder to EMB. This will allow all your existing designs to be used on the 12000. To convert it back, rename EMB to EmbF5.

Have fun!