Topics

USB memory stick sizes

mc11000jes <joan.e.smith@...>

Hi
Just thought I might be able to help as I have noticed a lot of chat about understanding sizes of USB stick memory. First, I have worked in the computer field since 1975 but retired in 2003 which means it has gone in leaps and bounds whilst I was working and since I've retired then of course has accelerated even further.

I found when training people in the past to use word that they can visualise. So here goes, - think of a seaching for a pin on your cutting out table that is equivalent to a small usb stick - now think of seaching for that same pin in a large room that is a bigger memory stick - now think of searching for that identical pin in a football field and yes you guessed it, that is a bigger memory stick again. The bigger the memory stick then the bigger the area to find it. It will do it but just takes longer.

In another aside was talking to my computer guru who mentioned that you can reformat the size of a memory stick to be much smaller. He has figured out how to do it on XP but is still working out how to do it on Windows7. For my embroidery USB memory sticks this could be extremely useful as I know how hard it is to get even 2Gb sticks now. Was recently out at Mudgee and found a pile of them on sale at a small country electrical store so bought up big. The are still available and the owner gets them in for schools. Brand is called Amicroe and they come as a pack of 3 x 2Gb (no imbeded security etc).

You will only have problems with any usb memory stick and embroidery embroidery machines if there is an embeded security on the stick as it will try to load this onto your machine.

Hope the above is of some help.

To change the subject - regarding query about retaining original colour of design. I have Pfaff 5D Full Suite and I ensured that the colours were all Robinson Anton then took them over to the MC12000 but it still changed them to Janome Acrylic as well as reducing the number of colours. Will keep experimenting.

Regards

Joan
Ncle NSW Australia

vicki chrobak

Joan, I just found today that you can go into the set menu of machine & change brand of thread. The book also said you can rename colors but I haven't played with that yet.

--
Vicki Jo