Topics

Updating to Windows 10

cnystul in Mn.

Jim I want to update to Windows 10 from Windows 7. Now I have two embroidery machines, the 11,000 and 12,000. How do I go about updating the software for the machines? This all scares me to death. I don't think I can just install the same software that I have for the Windows 7...any ideas? Thanks! Cathy

Jim Stutsman

You will first have to install the software you have from the original CDs. Next you will have to update to the latest versions:

Update Customizer 11000 - This will let it work on Windows 10, but you will not be able to connect by USB cable to the machine. There are no drivers for Windows 10. Instead you will need to use a USB flash drive to move designs to the machine.

Update Horizon Link - This will get the latest version, which is compatible with Windows 10.

cnystul in Mn.

Jim are you saying that sending designs to my 11,000 it will just have to be with a USB flash drive? Thank you again for your help...Cathy

Jim Stutsman

Yes, flash drive only. Janome did not make a 64-bit driver for Customizer 11000.