Updates for 15000

Melanie Dumas

I own the HMC15000, purchased it roughly when it first came out. I have had it upgraded to Version 3.0 Quiltmaker. I understand that there’s a software update 1.04 …does that apply to my machine? How do I go about it, if necessary? The update instructions on the website are unavailable.

Melanie Dumas

Just found the MC15000 Version 1.04 installation instructions and how to unpack the zip file on another part of the Janome website. Is this still something I should be doing? Will I need to use a USB stick in this process?
Thanks in advance for all advice!
Mel

On Nov 21, 2021, at 11:01 AM, Melanie Dumas via groups.io <ursuladumas=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:

I own the HMC15000, purchased it roughly when it first came out. I have had it upgraded to Version 3.0 Quiltmaker. I understand that there’s a software update 1.04 …does that apply to my machine? How do I go about it, if necessary? The update instructions on the website are unavailable.

Cat - N

What does the "MC15000 v.1.04 update" SAY it does for a v.3 Quiltmaker machine?

From a 'numeric' level system standpoint, it seems like it would 'back-level' a v.3 machine...

- Cat (FL)

-----Original Message-----
To: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io
Sent: Sun, Nov 21, 2021 11:23 am
Subject: Re: [onlinesewing-janome] Updates for 15000

Just found the MC15000 Version 1.04 installation instructions and how to unpack the zip file  on another part of the Janome website. Is this still something I should be doing? Will I need to use a USB stick in this process?
Mel
> On Nov 21, 2021, at 11:01 AM, Melanie Dumas via groups.io <ursuladumas=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
>
> I own the HMC15000, purchased it roughly when it first came out. I have had it upgraded to Version 3.0 Quiltmaker. I understand that there’s a software update 1.04 …does that apply to my machine? How do I go about it, if necessary? The update instructions on the website are unavailable.
>
>
>
>
>

Jim Stutsman

The 15000 update version 1.04 came out 7 years ago for the first edition of the 15000. It SHOULD NOT be downloaded or installed on a V3 machine, as it will remove all the V3 features. Any applicable machine updates will always appear here. Updates to Janome software are found here.

Melanie Dumas

Thank you Very Much for the clarification.

On Nov 21, 2021, at 12:08 PM, Jim Stutsman via groups.io <onlinesewing@...> wrote:

The 15000 update version 1.04 came out 7 years ago for the first edition of the 15000. It SHOULD NOT be downloaded or installed on a V3 machine, as it will remove all the V3 features. Any applicable machine updates will always appear here. Updates to Janome software are found here.

Virginia

There is usually a PDF that goes along with the update.  It seems that that looks like an older update as the last was a 3.0 to make it the QCP versionl

-----Original Message-----
To: onlinesewing-janome@groups.io
Sent: Sun, Nov 21, 2021 11:23 am
Subject: Re: [onlinesewing-janome] Updates for 15000

Just found the MC15000 Version 1.04 installation instructions and how to unpack the zip file  on another part of the Janome website. Is this still something I should be doing? Will I need to use a USB stick in this process?
Mel
> On Nov 21, 2021, at 11:01 AM, Melanie Dumas via groups.io <ursuladumas=gmail.com@groups.io> wrote:
>
> I own the HMC15000, purchased it roughly when it first came out. I have had it upgraded to Version 3.0 Quiltmaker. I understand that there’s a software update 1.04 …does that apply to my machine? How do I go about it, if necessary? The update instructions on the website are unavailable.
>
>
>
>
>

Fiona Williams

I see there is a download for Horizon Link Suite v 1.2 for the 15000 should I download it? I have never been able to load Horizon Link Suite at all. Not sure if it is my cd reader or what so I am going to purchase a new cd Reader and see what happens.

On Nov 21, 2021, at 1:29 PM, Melanie Dumas <ursuladumas@...> wrote:

On Nov 21, 2021, at 12:08 PM, Jim Stutsman via groups.io <onlinesewing@...> wrote:

Lyn Quine

If you contact your dealer they should be able to supply HLS on a USB.

On 22 Nov 2021, at 12:00, Fiona Williams via groups.io <f.taylorwilliams@...> wrote:

I see there is a download for Horizon Link Suite v 1.2 for the 15000 should I download it? I have never been able to load Horizon Link Suite at all. Not sure if it is my cd reader or what so I am going to purchase a new cd Reader and see what happens.

Fiona Williams

Thank you.

On Nov 22, 2021, at 7:41 AM, Lyn Quine <lynquine@...> wrote:

If you contact your dealer they should be able to supply HLS on a USB.

On 22 Nov 2021, at 12:00, Fiona Williams via groups.io <f.taylorwilliams@...> wrote: