Topics

Unusual request

vicki chrobak

I downloaded  free design last night at Amazing Designs called Sashiko Crane as I was thinking about buying the collection it came from.  I transferred the .jef version to a memory stick through Horizon.  The printout & Horizon both showed 8 color changes.  The design was gorgeous until I loaded # 8 (gold).  The machine started stitching the same design as color 1 except from the middle up.  When I checked the listed color changes on the machine it showed only 7 color changes.  I re-downloaded again today  & repeated without actually embroidering & the machine still showed only 7 colors.

I was wondering if there is someone who could download the same design & see if your machine only shows 7 colors.  I told Amazing Designs but they said they showed no problems.
--
Vicki Jo

mrsmole_uk <joannely1@...>

http://amazingdesigns.com/crane-embroidery-design

If this is the design, it shows 6 colors.
Jo Ann

see if your machine only shows 7 colors. I told Amazing Designs but
they said they showed no problems.

--
Vicki Jo

Anna C Simon <rbs11739@...>

Vickie,

I see 4 colors of thread, but 7 color changes.

1 and 4 are the same:  Maderia- #1003 Natural white
2 and 5 are the same: Maderia -#1374 Warm Wine
3 and 7 are the same: Maderia-#1083 Moonbeam.

Hope this helps.

Ann Simon (in nowhere land) Bradford Pa.

I downloaded  free design last night at Amazing Designs called Sashiko Crane as I was thinking about buying the collection it came from.  I transferred the .jef version to a memory stick through Horizon.  The printout & Horizon both showed 8 color changes.  The design was gorgeous until I loaded # 8 (gold).  The machine started stitching the same design as color 1 except from the middle up.  When I checked the listed color changes on the machine it showed only 7 color changes.  I re-downloaded again today  & repeated without actually embroidering & the machine still showed only 7 colors.

I was wondering if there is someone who could download the same design & see if your machine only shows 7 colors.  I told Amazing Designs but they said they showed no problems.

--
Vicki Jo

Zena Mayberry <zena.mayberry@...>

Hi Vicki Jo

I searched the site and came up with Crane Sashiko a free design and stitched it on the Horizon stitch simulator it has 7 colours and all stitched out, number 7 being the gold

Zena

[...]

That's not the one. Looks like they took it down. The crane was in the upper left hand corner. Oh well...

--
Vicki Jo

vicki chrobak

Anne, It is the one withe crane in upper left corner right? And did your software show 7 or 8 colors?

--
Vicki Jo

Donna Morton

The 12000 has an option in the SET>Embroidery called “Consecutive Color Grouping”.  For some reason the default is ON.  Turn this off to preserve the colour order the digitizer intended.

Donna M
Canada

[...]

Thanks Donna. I will seriously try to find that on my machine.

--
Vicki Jo