From: janome12000@... [mailto:janome12000@...] On Behalf Of Anne
Sent: Sunday, December 25, 2011 12:06 PM
To: janome12000@...
Subject: [janome12000] Transferring designs from USB to a file in the machine.

Hi,

I seem to be having somw trouble putting designs from a UBS into a file in the computer. I do not seem to be able to find anything in the instruction book.

Can any one help please.............

No virus found in this message.
Internal Virus Database is out of date.

Anne <csarina43@...>

I want to transfer a set of designs from a USB into a file in the computer memory, they are designs I use a lot and would prefer to have them in the machine memory rather than use the USB every time I want to sew them.

Do I have to actually sew the designs first or is there a way I can create a folder and put the designs in without sewing them out?

I have only just got my machine, having had an 11000 previously. I am really still at the playing stage with the embroidery side of the machine, I am quite happy with the sewing side.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "Vikki Youngmeyer" <vikkiy@...> wrote:

Sherry Martin

I know that you can open each design from the USB stick and then save it on the sewing machine. You shouldn't have to sew it out.

What I'm not sure about is if you can transfer designs all at once as a group. I didn't learn that you could in the lesson I took with my machine. You may have to open each design individually and then save it.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "Anne" <csarina43@...> wrote:

I want to transfer a set of designs from a USB into a file in the computer memory, they are designs I use a lot and would prefer to have them in the machine memory rather than use the USB every time I want to sew them.

Do I have to actually sew the designs first or is there a way I can create a folder and put the designs in without sewing them out?

I have only just got my machine, having had an 11000 previously. I am really still at the playing stage with the embroidery side of the machine, I am quite happy with the sewing side.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "Vikki Youngmeyer" <vikkiy@> wrote:

Vikki Youngmeyer

I think you have to do them one at a time. You open each design, but don’t have to stitch it out. When you have one design opened, you can save it to the machine’s computer or to any other device that’s attached to it – computer, flash drive.

Vikki

--- In janome12000@..., "Vikki Youngmeyer" wrote:

No virus found in this message.
Internal Virus Database is out of date.

Jim_Stutsman <jim@...>

You do not have to stitch the designs at all in order to save them on your computer. You can do it all using the Horizon Link software that came with your machine. Here's how to find the instructions:

1. Open Horizon Link and choose "Editing Embroidery Designs" from the opening screen.

2. Click the blue question mark in the top right corner of the program window.

3. The Help menu is now open. Click the "Contents" tab on the left side of the help window.

4. Click the "Managing File" topic from the list. This will show you how to use the tool. You'll want to have your USB drive connected to your computer, or have it plugged into your machine and have your machine connected to your computer by USB cable.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "Anne" <csarina43@...> wrote:

I want to transfer a set of designs from a USB into a file in the computer memory, they are designs I use a lot and would prefer to have them in the machine memory rather than use the USB every time I want to sew them.

Do I have to actually sew the designs first or is there a way I can create a folder and put the designs in without sewing them out?

I have only just got my machine, having had an 11000 previously. I am really still at the playing stage with the embroidery side of the machine, I am quite happy with the sewing side.

--- In janome12000@yahoogroups.com, "Vikki Youngmeyer" <vikkiy@> wrote:

Anne <csarina43@...>

(When you have one design opened, you can save it to
the machine's computer or to any other device that's attached to it -
computer, flash drive. )
Thats the bit I cannot do.........for some reason I just do not get it.

I am going to have another go this morning to load a design to stitch out.

I had not problem with the 11000, I must admit just now I have a problem sorting out everything on the screen, its a steep learning curve.

I am 4 years older than I was when I got the 11000, my brian seems to be turning to mush......